What is Football Golf?
Football Golf has the same principles as golf, but instead of using a golf ball and a club, you kick a football into the hole. The aim is to go around the course, by kicking the football into the holes or goals in the least number of kicks as possible. Our football golf course has beach themed obstacles that you have to kick the football through and around including crab pots, a fishing boat and a tractor tyre. The last hole is a free kick and you have to kick the football over the wall.
- Like golf, if you are a larger group and see a smaller group behind you waiting, do the right thing and let them play through.
- The golf flags and obstacles are never to be removed or repositioned.
- If your football has landed in the rough, bushes, a boat or on top of Frankenstein’s fat foot then you are welcome to play it as it lies, or take a drop (with a one shot penalty) to the nearest part of the fairway.
- If another player’s ball is in the way, then that player can remove their ball and leave a mark (coin) until they’re ready to kick their ball.
- The winner is the player with the lowest number on their scorecard.
- In the result of a tie, to decide the winner. Each player with the same score has one attempt each to do as many ‘Keepy ups’ as possible, the highest number wins.
- If your football lands on another hole’s fairway then there is a one shot penalty.
- If your football goes out of bounds, outside of the fenced area there is a one shot penalty and you can take a drop onto the nearest part of the fairway.
- You cannot kick a moving ball, please wait until your ball has completely stopped.
- The winner of the hole, has the honour of kicking first on the next.
- No rolling or flicking the football.
- The maximum score you can get on any hole is ten.
- If you kick your football and it hits an opponent’s ball, they can replace their football back into the original position, but you can’t.
- The player whose ball is furthest from the hole, kicks first.
Can I book in advance?
Yes of course you can! Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07894943525
What footwear should I wear?
No need for football boots, regular trainers, pumps or astros are fine. Because we are next to a beach, we understand that customers may be bare foot or only have flip-flops. Again this is okay, but please be aware you are playing at your own risk and Newquay Football Golf will take no responsibility for any foot injuries caused by playing bare foot.
How long does a round take?
Roughly 30-45 minutes.
Can I use my own football?
No. The reason for this is that by using our standard balls, it makes it a level playing field for everyone, excuse the pun.
How much is the deposit?
Each football taken out will need a £3 deposit paid, this will be returned to you when you return the ball.
Are Stag & Hen parties welcome?
Yes of course! Everyone is welcome at Newquay Football Golf, however no alcohol is served or permitted on the course and we would expect all parties to respect everyone else using the course.
Is there a car park?
There is a car park opposite Porth beach on Porth Parade, Alexandra Road (TR7 3NB). This is just a 2-minute walk to the Football Golf Course, which is up the hill on Porth Headland. Look out for the duck egg blue hut.
Can I pay by card?
Yes, card payments are excepted.
Are there toilets available?
There are public toilets available for Porth beach opposite the entrance to the beach next to the car park. They cost 20p.